Friday, May 6, 2011

Bliss is Brahman (GOD)

Topic 6 (sutras 12 - 19) : Anandamayadhikaranam [Anandamaya: blissful; adhikaranam: section, topic, proposition]

I.1.12
आनन्दमयोऽभ्यासात् |
Anandamayo`bhyasat
Anandamaya (Bliss) means Brahman (God) on account of repetition.

Anandamaya(आनन्दमया): full of bliss; Abhyasat(अभ्यासात्): because of repetition.

Commentary:
In the scriptures there are several words which are apparently ambiguous. The author takes up these words one after the other and shows it really applies to Brahman(God). In this sutra (theorem) he picks up the word Anandamaya

Taittiriya upanishad says:

Raso vai sah. Rasam hyevayam labdhvanandi bhavati - He the Highest Self is Bliss in itself [II-7]

Anandam Brahmeti vyajanat - Bliss is Brahman [III-6]

This sutra(theorem) establishes that Anandamaya(bliss) is Brahman(God)


Background
Introduction - part1part2part3part4
Sutra - I.1.1I.1.2I.1.3I.1.4I.1.5I.1.6I.1.7I.1.8I.1.9I.1.10, I.1.11

No comments:

Post a Comment